View Single Post
Old 10/01/2017, 02:49 AM   #173
mdrobc1213
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
Make sure your unions lines up perfectly and are hand tighten. Mine were leaking because some of the plumbing was a little short so I simply cut above the union a few inches, put in a coupler so I can adjust the pipe to be a little longer. This way all the unions are touching each other before I begin to tighten them by hand. This ensures a good seal.

Another thing you want to check after making sure the seals are there to begin with like Anthony suggested, is to remove the union. Then check to see if the seal got pushed down too far due to over tightening that they are no longer water tight. Carefully remove the seal, apply some reef safe silicone grease if you have any, if not, just try reseating the seal and hand tighten but not excessively.

If you have a leak around an elbow, take some pvc glue and try pushing it into where the leak is. Shut off the system, purge the pipe of water and dry the area where the leak is occurring. Smother the area with pvc glue and use your finger to try getting it in there if you have to. Good luck, I hope you fix the leak.
Thanks..seems to have solved itself on its own. Bought another valve and PVC unions and elbows to make a whole new section of pipe down to my sump but looks like it stopped on its own. So that's great I guess but will keep them and make sure that the leak is fully gone. So far so good.

mdrobc1213 is offline   Reply With Quote