Reef Central Online Community
Live Aquaria

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Marine Plants & Macroalgae
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 04/08/2019, 05:53 PM   #501
vlangel
Registered Member

My reef club held its 1st frag swap this past weekend. Since I had already bought a lot at LEAR, I did not buy anything but another club member had seen that I was asking to buy hypnea pannosa on the club forum, so he brought some to the swap and gave it to me, along with a sprig of dragon's breath. I am very excited about both of those macro algaes.

vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2019, 09:08 PM   #502
Michael Hoaster
Registered Member

Ooh, those are nice. Good luck with them!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2019, 05:14 AM   #503
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Ooh, those are nice. Good luck with them!
I really hope it takes in the high nutrient tank. It seems to be taking put in the spot I chose for it so that's a good start.

Old 04/09/2019, 06:33 AM   #504
Michael Hoaster
Registered Member

Yes, they seem to do better when placed and left alone. I had to break my habit of moving plants around until I was happy with their placement. I think it takes them awhile to adjust to new lighting, etc.

I have a few frags of old hypnea that are slowly coming back. The red I have planted behind the barnacles might be dragon's breath. So we may have a couple of plants in common!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2019, 06:36 AM   #505
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Yes, they seem to do better when placed and left alone. I had to break my habit of moving plants around until I was happy with their placement. I think it takes them awhile to adjust to new lighting, etc.

I have a few frags of old hypnea that are slowly coming back. The red I have planted behind the barnacles might be dragon's breath. So we may have a couple of plants in common!
I too have trouble placing macros and corals and then leave them be. Its so easy to want to tweak the placement to make it a little bit better, ha ha!

Yes, we actually have quite a few of the same macros as I have codium and red grape too. They are both very nice macro algaes. I wished I could get ulva to not get blown away and to grow in my tank, but every time I try it, it is swept away and disappears. I would like to get some blue scroll again some time as well.

Old Yesterday, 05:35 AM   #506
Chasmodes
Registered Member

Hi Dawn, how are things going with your tanks? Haven't heard from you in a while...

--Kevin Wilson

Current Tank Info: 101g 3'X3'X18" Cubish Oyster Reef Blenny tank, 36"X17"X18" sump
Chasmodes is offline   Reply With Quote