Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 03/27/2018, 03:14 PM   #5126
Ashr
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Canada, BC, Kelowna
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Its the with t5ho profile


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thank you again


Ashr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2018, 03:58 PM   #5127
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashr View Post
Thank you again


Any time and I expect some tank shots!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2018, 03:59 PM   #5128
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Im back in the game! Is it may 1st yet? Haha




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2018, 09:12 PM   #5129
not4unco
Registered Member
 
not4unco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 12
I just finished setting up my 40B tonight....waiting for the water to clear yet again now. But stuck between SPS AB+ and Saxby profile....lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


not4unco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2018, 03:05 AM   #5130
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by not4unco View Post
I just finished setting up my 40B tonight....waiting for the water to clear yet again now. But stuck between SPS AB+ and Saxby profile....lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


I love the scape. 40B have nice dimensions for a small tank. Are you going acro dominant?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2018, 07:54 AM   #5131
not4unco
Registered Member
 
not4unco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Albany, GA
Posts: 12
I may do a few SPS on the upper levels of the scape, but am going to be doing zoa's, acans and chalices mostly

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk


not4unco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2018, 08:51 AM   #5132
PanchoG
Registered Member
 
PanchoG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Im back in the game! Is it may 1st yet? Haha




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


PanchoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2018, 10:21 AM   #5133
johntdaballa
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1
I have a RedSea reefer 425 LPS dominant at the moment wanting to add SPS later .any suggestions on setting or does someone have it uploaded?

Great thread I have been following for awhile now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


johntdaballa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2018, 02:37 PM   #5134
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntdaballa View Post
I have a RedSea reefer 425 LPS dominant at the moment wanting to add SPS later .any suggestions on setting or does someone have it uploaded?

Great thread I have been following for awhile now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


A reefer 425 is plenty deep enough to run my full power schedule depending on how many lights you have. More then 3 52hd or 4 26hd and I would run the with t5ho setting. If less run the full power schedule


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2018, 01:12 PM   #5135
Mariner00
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Hey folks,

Im about to set up a lagoon 25gal with the hydra 26 hd's (1 unit). Any recommendations on light intensity and height over tank using the Orcus profile? The tank will be primarily a soft/lps/some sps tank. Thanks for any help with this.


Mariner00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2018, 03:24 PM   #5136
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner00 View Post
Hey folks,

Im about to set up a lagoon 25gal with the hydra 26 hd's (1 unit). Any recommendations on light intensity and height over tank using the Orcus profile? The tank will be primarily a soft/lps/some sps tank. Thanks for any help with this.


Id run it somewhere between 12 and 24 awl to ensure good coverage of the whole cube. Even for lps and softies you may feel the need to add a second fixture eventually. 24 x 20 is quite a large area to cover with 1 26hd


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2018, 12:17 PM   #5137
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member
 
FullBoreReefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wooster, OH
Posts: 1,607
What do you guys think about me removing my two original Hydras, and replacing them with two hydra26hd's? Will that be enough to cover my tank? 36x24x24, mixed reef. I can only mount them at 12" AWL or lower.

Thanks for you help


__________________
36"x24"x25" in-wall mixed reef. 40b sump. 5gal ATS. 34gal frag. 3x AI Hydra's. Lifereef svs3-30". 4xMp40wes. Apex2016. Current reef:7.5yrs. Total hobby:10yrs.
FullBoreReefer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2018, 04:08 PM   #5138
FaithKlim
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBoreReefer View Post
What do you guys think about me removing my two original Hydras, and replacing them with two hydra26hd's? Will that be enough to cover my tank? 36x24x24, mixed reef. I can only mount them at 12" AWL or lower.

Thanks for you help
My tank is 362416. I have two 26 hds, sitting at 10" above water line

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


FaithKlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2018, 04:09 PM   #5139
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBoreReefer View Post
What do you guys think about me removing my two original Hydras, and replacing them with two hydra26hd's? Will that be enough to cover my tank? 36x24x24, mixed reef. I can only mount them at 12" AWL or lower.

Thanks for you help


Why not just add 1 26hd and run 3 lights total? Hat would provide you excellent coverage over the tank and be a far better upgrade then swapping nonhd for hd lights. Really after having used both the difference between the 26 and 26hd is virtually non existent as no one really overdrives the diodes above 100%


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2018, 04:13 PM   #5140
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member
 
FullBoreReefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wooster, OH
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Why not just add 1 26hd and run 3 lights total? Hat would provide you excellent coverage over the tank and be a far better upgrade then swapping nonhd for hd lights. Really after having used both the difference between the 26 and 26hd is virtually non existent as no one really overdrives the diodes above 100%


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are the original Gen.1 BASIC Hydras and some of my blue leds are burning out and AI no longer has replacement pucks in stock. They said I could do a trade in on my old Hydras for hydra26hd's for $225/each. So essentially they would be giving me $115/each for my originals.

So unfortunately running all three fixtures is out. Plus with the "HD's" I won't need any controller anymore.

Would two fixtures be enough?


__________________
36"x24"x25" in-wall mixed reef. 40b sump. 5gal ATS. 34gal frag. 3x AI Hydra's. Lifereef svs3-30". 4xMp40wes. Apex2016. Current reef:7.5yrs. Total hobby:10yrs.
FullBoreReefer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2018, 04:16 PM   #5141
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBoreReefer View Post
These are the original Gen.1 Hydras and some of my blue leds are burning out and AI no longer has replacements in stock. They said I could do a trade in on my Hydras for hydra26hd's for $225/each.



So unfortunately running all three fixtures is out...


Oops I forgot you had original pre 26-52 hydras. In that case yes you would be silly not to take them up on that offer and the upgrade in the diodes and optics from the hydra to the 26/52 gen lights is huge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2018, 04:28 PM   #5142
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member
 
FullBoreReefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wooster, OH
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Oops I forgot you had original pre 26-52 hydras. In that case yes you would be silly not to take them up on that offer and the upgrade in the diodes and optics from the hydra to the 26/52 gen lights is huge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's say I make that deal, can I finally try your settings? Haha

Will they give enough cover only being 12" above water?(unfortunately that's all the room I have)


__________________
36"x24"x25" in-wall mixed reef. 40b sump. 5gal ATS. 34gal frag. 3x AI Hydra's. Lifereef svs3-30". 4xMp40wes. Apex2016. Current reef:7.5yrs. Total hobby:10yrs.
FullBoreReefer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/10/2018, 11:31 AM   #5143
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBoreReefer View Post
Let's say I make that deal, can I finally try your settings? Haha

Will they give enough cover only being 12" above water?(unfortunately that's all the room I have)


I would try it out running them horizontal 12 in from both sides. If you find its not enough coverage Id get a 3rd light and run them front to back at 10,18, and 26


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2018, 03:43 PM   #5144
woakes
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1
Hi I am new to the site. I have 2 52HD lights over a 90 gal saltwater mix tank. They are 12 inches over the water. The tank is 48 inches long 24 inches high and 18 inches wide. I was wondering what setting I should use any help would be appreciated.


woakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2018, 12:29 PM   #5145
Maticed
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 10
Hi guys,

Im hoping for someone to help me with my hydra 26HD settings. I have a reefer 450 with 3 hydra 26HDs and im struggling to find the right settings. Currently Im running the saxby setting that I reduced in strenght: peak blue @83%, uv @67 and white @ 25% peak.



I still think its to strong for my lps, I added a frogspawn and a hammer but they dont extend there polyps, parameters are fine but I think it has something to do with my light settings.




I have put them in the shade and it looks like they are recovering a little, is my schedule to low or should I have a different light schedule? Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english, its not my native language.


Maticed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/16/2018, 08:52 PM   #5146
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
AI Hydra Settings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticed View Post
Hi guys,

Im hoping for someone to help me with my hydra 26HD settings. I have a reefer 450 with 3 hydra 26HDs and im struggling to find the right settings. Currently Im running the saxby setting that I reduced in strenght: peak blue @83%, uv @67 and white @ 25% peak.



I still think its to strong for my lps, I added a frogspawn and a hammer but they dont extend there polyps, parameters are fine but I think it has something to do with my light settings.




I have put them in the shade and it looks like they are recovering a little, is my schedule to low or should I have a different light schedule? Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english, its not my native language.


I doubt its the light I frequently obliterate euphyllia with 300+ par and they dance around as happy as ever. What does **** them off is unstable alkalinity and nutrients. Id start there. Also Id recommend giving my settings a try over the Saxby. His settings are good but I feel his photo period is way too long. My settings are basically a port of the AB+ radion profile.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2018, 12:00 AM   #5147
Maticed
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 10
Alk is stable @8.5, PO4 is @0.06 and nitrate is around 5 ppm. Trying to increase my light today to test if that helps.


Maticed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2018, 03:45 AM   #5148
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member
 
Orcus Varuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maticed View Post
Alk is stable @8.5, PO4 is @0.06 and nitrate is around 5 ppm. Trying to increase my light today to test if that helps.


I would lower your alk down into the 7.5 range. With nutrients on the lower side id be willing to bet everything will perk up a bit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Orcus Varuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2018 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.