Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 12/03/2018, 06:29 PM   #26
btmedic04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachVacationer View Post
I had some macro algae which didn't make it after the treatment.
I see. Well I don't have much in my aquarium yet. Just 2 trochus snails, 2 black snowflake clownfish and a small 10-15 head zoa colony. Its day 2 and I don't see any difference yet with the bryopsis. If I see no improvement by day 7, I'll add another 300mg

Old 12/04/2018, 05:22 PM   #27
btmedic04
Registered Member

Today is day 3 of fluconazole being in my system. So far no effects on my clownfish, trochus snails, zoa frag or even my pod population. Now the bryopsis population is a different story. Theres already some die off and recession, but a few other areas that are still pretty deep green. Hopefully those spots start dying off soon. I'll probably pick up a few more snails and maybe some hermits this week. Also I am getting very nice green coraline algae forming on my rockwork and specks of purple showing up as well

Old 12/05/2018, 09:31 PM   #28
btmedic04
Registered Member

The bryopsis is really dying back today on day 4, so I put my skimmer cup back on and set it to dry skim. I figure it cant hurt to pull some of that out now since I have 10 days to go until my next water change. I also added 4 dwarf blue legged hermits today who immediately started going to town on the bryopsis wreckage. My LFS is having a coral sale this month too. 10% off of all corals and buy one get one in their $30,$20,$10 frag tanks. I may have picked up a rasta frag and an unknown zoa frag (its got a neon green center and purple skirt) I also toyed around with my phones camera setting a bit. Let me know if these look better to you guys

Old 12/06/2018, 10:41 PM   #29
bcb577
Registered Member

How's the Bryopsis situation?

bcb577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2018, 09:01 PM   #30
btmedic04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcb577 View Post
How's the Bryopsis situation?
I have one tiny little patch left on a large piece of substrate and that is it Im going to continue the full 14 day treatment just to be on the safe side though! I used Thomas Labs Fish Flucon 100mg tablets and they have worked great. No impact on livestock either. I even added 4 blue legged hermits to help clean up

Old 12/07/2018, 09:04 PM   #31
btmedic04
Registered Member

Current pictures of the start of my zoa garden and a FTS during my dusk cycle

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181207_203827.jpg (83.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20181207_203957.jpg (42.8 KB, 5 views)